More about Animal Diseases:
- Aspergillosis – The causes, symptoms, diagnosis and prevention of the wildlife disease Aspergillosis.
- Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) – Answers to common questions about bird flu (also known as avian influenza).
- Brain Worm – Review the life cycle, symptoms, diagnosis, and management implications of the parasitic brain worm inflicting New York’s moose.
- Chronic Wasting Disease – Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) is a rare, fatal, neurological disease found in cervids, members of the deer family.
- Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease in New York State – Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease (EHD) is an infectious viral disease affecting white-tailed deer.
- House Finch Conjunctivitis – The symptoms and treatment of the disease House Finch Conjuntivitis
- Rabies – Information and Q & A about Rabies
- Salmonellosis – Information on causes, diagnosis, susceptible species, transmission and how to avoid spreading this avian disease.
- Trichomoniasis – A description of the disease of doves and pidgeons, Trichomoniasis. Includes symptoms, mode of tranmission, how to diagnose and threats to other species.
- Type E Botulism – Information about Type E Botulism in Lakes Erie and Ontario.
- White-nose Syndrome – Bat biologists across the country are evaluating strategies to monitor the presence of this disease and collect specimens for laboratory analysis.